Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Monday Night Adventures

My week wasn't that exciting or funny, but, as always, our family finds ways to be completely ridiculous. :)

Last Monday night, I didn't work, and I was going crazy. I begged the parents to go somewhere, get out of the house, do something. So mom, being the creative woman she is, turned to dad with a smile and asked if he had three dollars in his pocket. He did. So just mom, dad, and I jumped in the van. The plan was this: we each would draw a name from a hat, and we had one dollar to buy a gift for that person at Macey's. First of all, this made me laugh because mom loves presents. More than anyone. We always joke that we could wrap a pencil and give it to her every day, and she would be happy. So it was a very fitting activity, if silly. The other thing that made me laugh was that it wasn't really secret who had who. No one had themselves, and everyone knew who they had, so it would be simple to figure out who everyone had. I pointed this out and laughed about it on our way.

So we went to Macey's. Since I am the wonderful Macey's employee I am, I knew there was a lot of things on sale for 93 cents. Perfect. I had dad, so I bought him a six pack of A&W Root beer. Perfect. We all met up at the car, and mom gave me three gummies, and two Lindt truffles. I gave dad his root beer. Dad gave mom bubbles, and went over budget to buy chocolate covered raisins. Mom was excited about the bubbles, so she wanted to blow them out the window of the car. The problem is that the passenger side window in the van doesn't open. Failure. So we went home, jumped in the Buick (with Rachel this time), and drove around and around the church as mom blew bubbles out the window. The bubbles were very pretty in the church lights. We probably looked ridiculous! I love mom - she is just as silly as her kids.

So instead of going crazy, I just acted crazy with my parents. Awesome. I think the bubbles out of the car window is right up there with chip-surfing in coolness level. I do believe that it made it on my to do list for the week. :)

2 comments:

  1. Chip surfing is a truly amazing sport only really experienced by me and Willie. We grab a bag of chips, and go for a car ride. You surf a chip out the window. Willie managed to get a chip on every finger! It is amazingly fun. :) There are pictures on my facebook in my summer album.

    ReplyDelete