Saturday, August 6, 2011

Neener.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I am working on making a "capsule wardrobe" for Amy. And according to my last post, I still have the right to post these boring things until someone else starts posting here or at least commenting. Neener. Making this wardrobe has brought to mind some thoughts I'd like to share with you.

First of all, Amy's alabaster skin can get away with the most outrageously awesome colors. Let's all spend a moment being envious of this fact.

Next, Amy's spunky personality merits a lot of pattern mixing. So for Amy's outfits - which are eventually going into a capsule wardrobe - I am trying to reflect Amy's fabulous, feminine, clever personality, her strong wit and sense of humor, her gladness and passion and above all, her intelligence.

Amy and I live very similar lives that center on our children. We spend a lot of time playing on the floor and chasing and nursing and going outside. I am attempting to accommodate her needs for a heat-friendly wardrobe that is easy to wash and chase kids in within a "reasonable" cost. This is a tall order and I am a novice, but I keep plugging away because Amy actually likes my efforts.

You'll notice that I recycle a pieces between sets. One reason is that Amy adores that purse. The other is that it keeps the ultimate cost of a capsule wardrobe down - which is the point of said capsule wardrobe in the first place.

So without further ado, and with much love, I present "Amy Deserves Great Jeans" (named because the designer jeans therein are 65% off at the Outnet).

Amy Deserves Great Jeans

Draped top
$58 - anthropologie.com

James Jeans light weight jeans
$56 - theoutnet.com

Seychelles teal shoes
$100 - nordstrom.com

Mar Y Sol tote hand bag
$88 - nordstrom.com

Pieces wooden jewelry
$21 - asos.com

Square shawl
$19 - shopruche.com

1 comment: