Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rachel and Mom's Project Share

Rachel and I decided to make Ethan's blessing suit this week. For all the things we did wrong it turned out pretty cute with a few humorous mistakes. Have you ever heard of a blessing suit with a fly? Ethan's has one. Not as if he could ever use it if he tried, it's above the belly button. Two people working on a project is fun, but sometimes a few details can be left out. For example, Rachel knew all along that what I thought was a fly was the back of the suits' button plack. Too bad she was gone when I sewed it all together backwards! When I found out there was no place to put the button holes it was too late. So I just put one little snap in the back and called it good. Lucky there are snaps on the legs to open big enough to fit Ethan's head through, because he sure couldn't fit through the top. Amy was such a good sport and we were all thankful that babies look cute in anything.

Ethan can make any sewing skill look great!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Ethan CAN make anything look great! And it does look pretty darn good. This post made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I was hoping you would enjoy this post. I thought of you the whole time I was writing it!

    ReplyDelete