But sometimes I have to make a list to even know where to start. So here, for your enjoyment, is my list of items I am procrastinating lately - nay, even at this very moment.
- There is a pile of laundry waiting to be folded, hung, and put away on my bedroom floor. Make that a massive pile. I also have a dryer full of laundry.
- The floor in my kitchen and next to the front door are in desperate need of a sweeping and mopping. I am not a fan of the idea, mainly because I don't want to find all the MOUSE POOPIES that have made my life so horrible lately.
- Adding on to that last idea, I need to move our fridge and oven and sweep out all the MOUSE POOPIES.
- I need to go through our cupboards and check for MOUSE POOPIES. (Sense a pattern here, ladies?)
- I need to organize our pantry - in which I have lately just dumped our groceries, still in their bags, fearing the MOUSE POOPIES. Once that is done, I need to sweep and mop, just like in the kitchen.
- I need to scrape - not wipe, scrape - off our kitchen counters.
- I need to scrub the baseboards in our kitchen and bathroom, which are currently unrecognizably filthy.
- I need to call maintenance and beg them to replace the weather stripping under our door. I think the mice have been getting in that way.
- I still need to do my hair and makeup for the day.
- I need to pay our car tax bill. (Silly North Carolina.)
- I have got to edit and turn in my appeal letter to Blue Cross Blue Shield so I can have cheaper health insurance.
- I need to finish making my bed.
- I need to move all of our bookshelves into our room because books are Joseph's favorite toys and he is beating them up.
- I need to finish painting a sign for our front door. This is actually a need, because we live right by the exit of our building and people regularly walk in if I leave the door unlocked, thinking they are going to the stairs.
- I need to borrow a humidifier to try and help me get rid of the hacking cough I have had for a MONTH now.
- I have two dirty diapers that I need to sort into the appropriate laundry bag.
- I have about a billion little things that I either need to return to their original owners or file away.
- I have a box of papers that must be shredded before I can toss them.
- I have not a clue of what I am going to make for dinner tonight, but it better be healthy because I procrastinated eating until I was so hungry that I had no idea what to eat except for something FAST which ended up being a very cheesy quesadilla.
- Every inch of my table and counters are covered with things I have placed there "temporarily" (usually to hide them from Joseph, who eats everything) but have now lived there for several days.
- And! Dishes!
- I need to throw away the banana peel from the banana I ate TWO HOURS AGO.
My son is awake!
And!
He is ADORABLE!
And!
I vacuumed today, right?
Doesn't that count?
For something?
Anything?
Shouldn't I go crawl around with him and tell him stories and tickle his oh-so-very ticklish chin?
Besides!
I shall not pass this way again!
Joseph will be EIGHT MONTHS OLD in TWO DAYS.
(I can't stand it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment