Wednesday, July 27, 2011

April's Mission Capsule Wardrobe

By request from Mom and April, I have made another capsule wardrobe. This one is an example of what April could choose for her mission. I have also sent April a link to an Amazon wishlist that includes a lot more choices than I've displayed here. A couple of comments:

I was careful to include only items that are machine-washable. This was tricky!

I had to resort to some odd sites to find skirts long enough, including a retro clothing site called "Pin-Up Girl." BUT believe me, the skirts are mega modest and made of really high quality fabric. I've even tried one on and plan on buying one... when I have the money. :)

Because I am not able to try all of these on in person, I've relied mainly on items that have high customer reviews.

April has freaked out a little bit over the prices of these items, but I believe she's better off watching sales on higher-quality items than going cheapo.

Finally, for the purpose of having a cohesive-looking Polyvore set, I've stuck to a few basic colors. But know that many of these items come in other colors.

I love you April. I hope this is helpful.

***EDIT: I changed the set a bit per April's request.

April's Mission Capsule

Printed top
$118 - bodenusa.com

Silk top
$35 - bodenusa.com

Ann Taylor draped top
$68 - anntaylor.com

Striped top
$50 - thelimited.com

Ann Taylor cap sleeve top
$44 - anntaylor.com

Long sleeve top
$44 - bodenusa.com

Top
$40 - thelimited.com

BP crew neck top
$25 - nordstrom.com

BP jersey cardigan
$17 - nordstrom.com

Polka dot coat
$180 - modcloth.com

White House Black Market blazer
$90 - whitehouseblackmarket.com

White House Black Market couture jacket
$90 - whitehouseblackmarket.com

Moon Collection circular skirt
$70 - modcloth.com

Merrell waterproof shoes
$175 - nordstrom.com

J Crew rubber shoes
$138 - jcrew.com

Etienne Aigner flat
$55 - zappos.com

Beading jewelry
$30 - thelimited.com

Belt
$26 - kohls.com

ASOS skinny bow belt
$10 - asos.com

Grey Peplum Jacket - White House | Black Market
$90 - whitehouseblackmarket.com

1 comment:

  1. P.S. It looks like if you view the wardrobe in blogger, it is cutting off the right side. Just click on the picture to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete