What memory makes me laugh? Carrots, my friends. Carrots.
More specifically, baby carrots.
I don't know how to properly convey the story behind the carrots. You will just have to believe that it truly was hilarious at the time and still makes me grin every time I think about it.
Background: When Neal and I were first married, I was a baby carrot eater. They were my main snack because they were sweet and easy and zero Weight Watchers points. I always had a bag in the fridge. I particularly enjoyed the crunching sounds that fresh baby carrots made in my mouth.
One day I was eating carrots in our tiny kitchen. I had two carrots in my hands. I was deep in thought, listening to the rhythmic "crunch, crunch" when I turned around and saw that I had somehow really hit Neal's funny bone. It was only then that I realized I had been marching around in a little circle - like an "about turn" - to the sound of the carrot crunching, and not only that but I had two little carrots in my hands that I was crashing together as if they were cymbals.
Neal teases me about this to this very day.
I warned you that it may be a strange entry!
No comments:
Post a Comment