If looking at these pictures doesn't make the sisters smile, I don't know what else will.
The memory goes back to a Christmas where Amy wasn't asking for her usual Polly Pocket, but a Giga Pet. A Giga Pet is an electronic pet that you have to take care of. You have to feed it, play with it, clean up it's poop, and keep it healthy. If you didn't take good care of it, it would get sick and eventually die.

Well, I had never heard of a Giga Pet before, so I translated Giga Pet into Chia Pet. A Chia Pet is a ceramic pot in the shape of animals or heads that you plant seeds on that grow into what looks like their hair. Why Amy would want this was beyond me. Lucky for me, someone straightened me out before I bought it, and I was able to get her what she really wanted.
We've always chuckled about my confusion. Since then, just for a laugh, I have really wanted to buy a Chia Pet for Amy. Problem - they're too expensive for something that silly. Solution - Marc got one as a white elephant at a Christmas party. Thanks to him, we have been able to try it out. I owe it to Rachel for planting it and keeping it alive. Lesson learned - I would of killed my Giga Pet as well as my Chia Pet or Head.
Cha Cha Cha Chia!!!!! Oh the memories!!
ReplyDeleteAmy: "But Mom, EVERYBODY has one at school and they play with them at recess... I want one really bad!"
ReplyDeleteMom, scratching head: "OK..."