Monday, July 13, 2009

My favorite little red shoes



As you can see I'm very sentimental about my children's little shoes and the cute little feet that went inside them, however the little red boat shoes stand out in my memory as the ones I would like to write about. These shoes were probably worn by more than just one of my little girls, but it was during Annie's turn that they became one of my favorites. We were just getting ready to leave after a fun visit with Grandma and Grandpa Robinson when we realized that Annie's little red shoes were missing. It was important that we find them, because these were Annie's only play shoes and our budget was too tight to even think about getting new ones. We looked every where. We thought of all the places Annie could have gone. I remember Will lifting couches and removing their cushions, (just like he does now when we can't find the remote). Those shoes were no where to be found. Grandma and Grandpa remember this better than I do, but we decided it was important enough to have family prayer about. Right after the prayer I thought I should check under Grandma's bed one more time, and there they were more up under the head board. It must of happened when Annie had taken a nap there. With so many of God's children needing His attention with their huge problems, it makes me smile that He would help our family with this minor one. Our testimony of prayer and God's love for us truly increased that day and these little red shoes stand as a reminder of that.


Now, Rachel is disappointed that I didn't write about my own favorite shoes, so I'll just include my own past and present favorites with this little blog. As of now I love my classy blue shoes that Dad gave me for my birthday. I think they are the classiest I've ever had. As for the past, my tap shoes have given me the most joy. They have danced across the country and into foreign lands, making many friends along the way. My shoes and I were at our best when we were performing the "Carolina Clog."

1 comment:

  1. I tried to find a video of the Carolina Clog so I could see it, but no luck! You'll just have to show us sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete