Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Great Find!

Here's a special find that I think will tickle Annie. The other day Scott Christensen brought over a box of trophies, spider webs and all, that have been on display or in a blue chest for many years in a little shack known as the Pig Pen. This is a place where Annie and her friends would play, located by Sister Dobson's house. Annie and her friends eventually grew up and went their separate ways, leaving a few of their their special belongings in the Pig Pen. At present Annie is married with a baby in North Carolina, Robin is married and just had her third baby up in Idaho, and Nickie recently received her Masters and just returned from a humanitarian adventure in South America somewhere. These little trophies have survived at least 13 years through rain, snow, and many other children playing amongst them. I don't know why Scott decided to clean the Pig pen out, but he was kind enough to bring back what was once Annie's pride and joy - her spelling bee trophies.

Hope this brings back fond memories Annie. We would love to hear about some of them!

The Pig Pen

This plaque says, Cache Co. School District Spelling Bee Winner

The dates go from 1993 - 1996, the small one in the back is a citizenship award. I don't know what the little statue of the bear on the rocking horse is.

1 comment:

  1. Consider me officially tickled! I can't tell you how many times I have regretted leaving my "treasures" in the pig pen... and how many times I have reminded myself that (1) I don't know who owns it any more so I could hardly go down there, (2) the pig pen is most likely full of bees so I would never go in there, (3) the odds of my treasures surviving all this time are pretty low. But there they are! Oh, happy day!

    I don't know what the bear on the rocking horse is, either! But I do know that may be the only citizenship award I ever won, so it is a treasure, indeed...

    ReplyDelete