I'm so sorry that I have taken so long on my own challenge!
I loved all of conference. There was so much about facing adversity and finding strength and joy in righteousness. I felt more uplifted than ever.
My very favorite talk of them all though was the one given by Jeffrey R. Holland. I was so touched by his ability to help me understand the atonement on a whole new level. In his talk "None Were With Him", he said, concerning the necessity of Heavenly Father withdrawing from His son:
"For His Atonement to be infinite and eternal, He had to feel what it was like to die not only physically but spiritually, to sense what it was like for the divine Spirit to withdraw, leaving one feeling totally, abjectly, hopelessly alone."
Elder Holland goes on to say:
"Brothers and sisters, one of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so. His solitary journey brought great company for our little version of that path - the merciful care of our Father in Heaven, the unfailing companionship of this Beloved Son, and the consummate gift of the Holy Ghost, angels in heaven, family members on both sides of the veil, prophets and apostles, teachers, leaders, friends."
This enlightenment about the atonement has lifted my spirits many times since hearing it and has brought me closer to my Savior. I am so grateful for the words of living prophets!
No comments:
Post a Comment